# Gaining privacy with Wasabi Wallet for Bitcoin transactions
# The perceived problem
Bitcoin transactions are somewhat traceable and this creates the need for a wallet that specializes in privacy.
"What kind of privacy? I'm not sure if I need that."
When we make traditional financial transactions (Banks, PayPal, etc.), no one but the service provider is able to track our spending habits or account balances.
# Wasabi Wallet
Wasabi Wallet is an open source, non-custodial, privacy-focused, desktop Bitcoin wallet offered by zkSNACKs Ltd. It differentiates itself from many other wallets for its strong focus on user privacy.
Wasabi's goal is to not only provide the traditional privacy of our banks but to go even further and guarantee privacy against Wasabi itself. So not even the service provider (zkSNACKs) will be able to track your money.
# The vision for a better Bitcoin
The motivation behind Wasabi is to provide the strongest privacy for its users that is technically possible today.
# Technology behind Wasabi
- It has advanced coin control features to avoid linking coins from different transactions.
- It has advanced labeling features to tell which entities know about specific coins.
- It's the only light wallet that doesn't fail against network analysis.
- Tor anonymity network is integrated into the wallet, making it harder to trace your transaction's path.
- It implements Chaumian CoinJoin to allow unlinking coins from their past.
- It complies with Zero Link: The Bitcoin Fungibility Framework.