- At 2018.07.19 17:00, UTC I will do a live demo of Wasabi on Youtube.
- I will post the livestream link to Twitter: https://twitter.com/nopara73
- You are free to ask questions in the chat.
- At the end of the stream, we will do a mixing round on the mainnet. This will be the first ever Chaumian CoinJoin mainnet mix, you are free to participate.
- In order to participate, you may want to make sure to setup and prefund the wallet before the stream, by going through the following instructions.
- Wasabi is in the alpha stage. A Beta version will be released in 11 days (August 1.)
- The minimum denomination of the mix is 0.1 bitcoins, but you may want to prefund your wallet with a bit more than that to cover the fees. Currently the minimum is 0.10034 BTC, but to be sure you may want to prefund it with 0.11 BTC or so.
- The normal minimum number of participants for the mix is 100 users. I will cheat and lower this number for the sake of this test.
- The wallet can only generate bech32 addresses. Thus, if you are using a legacy wallet, it will not be able to send funds to that. In this case, you may want to introduce a middle wallet like Electrum,.
- Please do not attempt to participate in this event using OSX, as our user interface is unstable on OSX.
Get The Requirements
- Get Git: https://git-scm.com/downloads
- Get .NET Core 2.2 SDK: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download
- [OSX] Get Brew: https://stackoverflow.com/a/20381183/2061103
- Get Tor:
[Windows] Install the Tor Expert Bundle: https://www.torproject.org/download/
apt-get install tor
brew install tor
Clone & Restore & Build
git clone https://github.com/zkSNACKs/WalletWasabi cd WalletWasabi git submodule update --init --recursive cd WalletWasabi.Gui dotnet restore && dotnet build
- Run Tor:
- Run Wasabi with
dotnet runfrom the
- Generate a new wallet.
- Backup the mnemonic words.
- Load the wallet you have just generated.
- Generate a new receive address and fund it with 0.11 BTC.
- Wait until the filters are synchronized (5 minutes), so you will see the incoming transaction.
- Wait until your transaction is confirmed.
- You can now start mixing in the CoinJoin tab if you want to.
Note, you Can Update Wasabi With These Commands:
git pull git submodule update --init --recursive